Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Looks like Tuesday is the day

According to WEEI, Gene DeFilippo is going to name a coach very soon.  The Boston Globe seems to believe it would be 24 hours from Monday afternoon, which, for those of you who are mathematically-challenged, means it will take place by Tuesday afternoon.

Remember, we heard the night before that Skinner might be fired, and it happened mere hours later while I was still asleep.  This could be another one of those cases, so don't expect me to get the big scoop here.  I would not be surprised if it is official on Tuesday morning, but by Tuesday night I'd be shocked if an announcement wasn't made.

In all likelihood, the next coach of Boston College will be Steve Donahue of Cornell.  All indications are pointing in that direction, and the media seems to believe it as a near-certainty.  Indeed, I think most BC fans also believe it to be the case.  He has grown on me; he does not have a perfect resume and there are questions to be answered, but whether it's him or someone else, I will wish that guy success for the good of the program.  We should all do the same.  I know that there are those out there who would be upset with a Cooley or Coen hire, or any hire that isn't Bruce Pearl or Brad Stevens, but if it is in fact Donahue, let's welcome him into the BC community and hope that he will give this team the swift kick in the ass that it so desperately needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment