Friday, May 1, 2009

BCS Hearings Underway

I covered this a little over a month ago and my opinion on the matter has not changed. I still see this as meddling by the feds.

Some new points have been made today, however. First off, Texas Congressman Joe Barton said we should call it the "BS system," which is a sentiment I can get behind. Second, and unfortunately, Barton and other prominent public officials see fit to pursue antitrust action against the NCAA. I'm not sure it's going to work anyway, despite the fact that the Sherman Act has been applied to the NCAA in the past. Even if they can prove (which shouldn't be THAT hard) that the system is unfair and pass a new law, the idea of the federal government "saving" college football for us plebeians is not exactly how I want to see change accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment