Saturday, March 13, 2010

On to the semis

Boston College made quick work of UMass, sweeping the best-of-three series and they are the only team to have punched their ticket to the Hockey East Semifinals at the TD Garden next week.  It will be their sixth-straight appearance in that round.  We won't know until tomorrow night who the Eagles will play but it would be quite nice if New Hampshire and/or BU were out of the way for a lower-stress path to the title.

The #4 Eagles are still flying high and looking to get a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament.  If they win the Hockey East Tournament, I'm pretty confident that they will.

As an aside, BC baseball lost today as I figured they would.  Now with no basketball to bitch about, I'll have to fill up my time with more of the spring sports, lots of stuff relevant to college football and the upcoming season, non-BC NCAA Tournament musings, and whatever random crap I feel like mentioning.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment