Friday, November 27, 2009

BC at Maryland: Pick

I hope your turkey was as good as ours.  Now then, I'm sure you're all dying to know who I'm picking in the BC/Maryland game tomorrow; the last game BC will play for about a month. 

I'm picking BC.  Shocking, I know, but I'm not expecting a big win.

If BC wins: 8-4 (5-3); better season than we expected.
If BC loses: 7-5 (4-4); yikes.

In 4 road games so far this season, the Eagles have yet to play a good game.  Two of the teams were ranked, two were not, but all were uninspiring performances.  Now then, there aren't as many teams as bad as Maryland this year, but the Eagles must leave Alumni Stadium, and that in itself is a cause for concern (not that I'm concerned or anything, as BC is basically playing for nothing). 

Any team that's decent could run Maryland into the ground.  I think BC is capable of it, but not only is this a poor road team, but the freshman quarterback is a problem.  Dave Shinskie has been absolutely awful lately, and BC's offense is ranked 99th in FBS.  The good news is that Maryland's offense is just as bad, if not worse, and their defense is equally terrible.  BC's, on the other hand, has had its moments of being good or bad, but on the whole the defense has been fine.  They will win the game for the Eagles on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment