Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 7 in the ACC: Picks

I will be up in Massachusetts tomorrow (but not near BC), so the next post following this will likely be on Friday with my BC football pick.  I have a feeling that there will be a lot more to post when the basketball and hockey seasons finally start anyway.

There are only 5 games this week involving ACC teams, so this should be quick:

Wake Forest at Clemson (-7)


The Tigers looked pretty good in smashing BC, but they haven't won since.  Wake Forest looks like the frontrunner in the disastrous ACC Atlantic but the Tigers need this one to get right back in the race.  I think they'll get it, but I'm not going to write Wake off.  Pick: Clemson

NC State at Boston College (-2.5)


That'll be coming on Friday, and believe me, I'll have plenty to say.





Virginia (-4) at Maryland


Virginia has surprised me, winning their last two games after an 0-3 start (and beating the snot out of Indiana last week).  Maryland, on the other hand, has really only played well once, but they're at home.  The Terps have allowed 216 points while Virginia gave up less than half that.  Based on that and momentum, I'd have to take the Cavaliers.  Pick: Virginia

#4 Virginia Tech (-3) at #19 Georgia Tech



This is an interesting game.  Virginia Tech will be going on the road to play a team which has picked it up again after losing to Miami a few weeks ago.  This should be a close game, but I do believe the Hokies will win.  Pick: Virginia Tech



#9 Miami (-14.5) at Central Florida


I'd be surprised if this one was a game.  Granted, they're better than Miami's previous opponent, but probably not by a whole lot.  Pick: Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment