Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eagles Tuggle and Haden fly away, plus new CMU line

As the BC blogosphere is already well aware by now, quarterback Justin Tuggle and running back Josh Haden are leaving Boston College.  I want to begin by wishing both men well in whatever school they land.

I can't say I'm surprised that Tuggle is leaving.  Dave Shinskie, a fellow freshman, has locked up the starting job, Mike Marscovetra (another freshman) looks decent, and high schooler Chase Rettig is the (likely) quarterback of the future coming in.  There was nowhere for Tuggle to advance in this program. Haden, on the other hand, surprised me a bit more.  I liked the 1-2 punch of Josh and Montel, but that is apparently no more.  I guess I'm also a little shocked that this was announced mid-season.  Am I upset, however?  No, not really. Neither one was going to be a permanent starter on the team.  Again, I wish them well.

Speaking of BC football, the spread for Boston College over Central Michigan has changed.  BC are now 5-point favorites at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment