Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BC basketball respect from the media

Jeff Goodman, the senior college basketball writer for Fox Sports, posted an article on Tuesday entitled "Never count Boston College out."  I must admit, I was inspired just reading the headline.

Goodman makes some of the same points I have made on this blog about the men's basketball team and the upcoming 2009-2010 season.  I'm pleased to see that he hasn't fallen into the "OMG NO MORE TYRESE RICE!!!!!!111" trap that so many others have.  He also tells of the developing leaders on the team like Rakim Sanders and Joe Trapani, as well as the overall consistency of the program.

I know some other guys out in the media have been good to the Eagles (like Andy Katz), but this is nice to see nevertheless.  I believe BC is in for a fine basketball season and I eagerly await its start on November 13th.

Edit: ATL just beats everyone to these articles.  Me slow.

4 comments:

  1. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo, Sanders says he weighs 245 pounds. 245?! he's listed as 230. 245 is just beastly, especially because he's only 6' 5". wow it's a scary thought. he might be beasting people all over the court. let's hope he doesnt lose any quickness.

    glad to hear that he's working on his midrange game rather than practicing bombing up 3s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about Rakim beefing up. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it impacts his game.

    ReplyDelete