Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gameday returns to the Heights

This Saturday against Florida State, Lee Corso and the rest will be at Boston College for ESPN College Gameday, just like old times.  I also assume that they'll be setting up in front of Carney like they did four years ago.

I don't think I can get a ticket, nor do I have Saturday free to take a leisurely three-and-a-half hour drive to Boston, but I wish I could.  For current Boston College students: it's fun, so get up early (I know, I know), make a good sign, and go.  It's fun even before College Gameday -- they set up a few days in advance, and I remember when they shot a live episode of ESPN's Cold Pizza right there in the Dustbowl on Friday morning with Skip Bayless and Woody Paige.  There wasn't a mob, so the few dozen students there were interacting with the guys, and one threw Paige a Superfan shirt (which he put on during the shoot).  I knew about this because I had a class in Carney during the filming (and disturbingly, my young male professor had literally no idea what was going on).

It's a good experience.  DAMN I wish I could be there.  Anyone got a ticket, a hotel room, and is willing to pay for the gas?

No comments:

Post a Comment