Thursday, October 7, 2010

2010 Week 6 in the ACC

*Straight-up picks in the ACC, not against the spread*

Last week: 5-2
Season: 32-13 (.711)

Boston College at North Carolina State
Line: NC State -9.5

Pick tomorrow

Central Michigan at Virginia Tech
Line: VT -22

This is not the same Chippewa team that looked decent before they played BC last year.  Virginia Tech is gaining momentum fast and will win this game.  Pick: Virginia Tech

Virginia at Georgia Tech
Line: GT -9.5

A spread that big seems a little gifty for a team that really just hasn't played well at all this year.  I can't see Virginia winning this game, but the Jackets have a lot left to prove to all of us.  Pick: Georgia Tech

Clemson at North Carolina
Line: UNC -2.5

This is one of those where I'm going to flip a coin and pick one, because both have had troubles this year.  My coin flip resulted in the Heels.  Pick: North Carolina

Navy at Wake Forest
Line: Navy -5.5

Two underwhelming teams match up in North Carolina, and I really don't know what to expect.  At the end of the day, however, I think the Middies are a little better of a team and should take it.  Pick: Navy

Florida State at Miami
Line: Miami -6.5

Easily the best game in the ACC this week.  FSU has started winning games convincingly again, while Miami is also picking up key wins.  These defenses are near the top of FBS, so I think it'll be a close call.  Ultimately, I have to give the slightest edge to the home team.  As for that spread, I think there's a relatively decent chance Miami won't cover.  Pick: Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment