Thursday, September 30, 2010

2010 Week 5 in the ACC

Last week: 5-3; not that good
Season: 27-11

#16 Miami at Clemson
Line: Miami -3

Wow, good game here. The ‘Canes put Pittsburgh out of their misery last week while Clemson is back in action after that devastating overtime loss to Auburn. Following their bye and playing in front of the home crowd, I think the Tigers rebound. Pick: Clemson

Florida State at Virginia
Line: FSU -7

Wow, not such a good game here. Virginia hasn’t been quite as bad as I’d figure they’d be, but Florida State is probably just a little too much for them to handle. Pick: Florida State

Virginia Tech at #23 North Carolina State
Line: VT -4

Who would have ever thought we’d see TOB get the Wolfpack ranked? In any case, the Hokies look like they’re starting to get their shit together, while NC State already has it together. These two teams met last year, and VT won by four touchdowns. Something tells me that this game will be much closer, but I expect a high scoring game which goes to the road team. Pick: Virginia Tech

East Carolina at North Carolina
Line: UNC -13

I think this game is trickier for the Heels than the line suggests, and it’s also a little interesting. The Pirates are in the top 10 in the nation in points scored, while UNC as a whole has had their successes and failures. The thing is, ECU allows a TON of points along with all those that they score, so if the Heels can get their offense going, they should win. I can see this game being wild at times. Pick: North Carolina

Duke at Maryland
Line: Maryland -7.5

I saw that Army upset coming from a mile away last week but I decided to play the favorite rather than go with my gut. This week, I’m punishing Duke for my failures by not picking them. Pick: Maryland

Georgia Tech at Wake Forest
Line: GT -9.5

Both of these teams are flopping around to varying degrees, but have you seen how many points Wake has been giving up? They’ve lost their last two games by a combined score of 99-24. The Deacs are longing for the days when they could play Presbyterian. Pick: Georgia Tech

Notre Dame at Boston College
Line: ND -2.5

Pick tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment