Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BC's commits

There's not much I can add that others in the BC blogosphere haven't already told you, but I'm pleased with some of the guys we have coming in.

I will say right now that recruiting is not one of my big areas of focus (which pretty much qualifies me to be a BC coach).  I don't follow it very much, and I don't expect very much.  A few names stand out to me, however.

Chase Rettig, the big get.  The only Under Armour All-American we pulled in and probably the savior at quarterback (if not in 2010, then shortly thereafter).  Tennessee wanted him and USC looked at him, which has to say something about his talent level.  Reading the other message boards, UT thought he was theirs for the taking because BC couldn't get recruits like they could.  So there.

Shakim Phillips, the tall WR with a wide...catching radius, or so says ESPN. 

Kevin Pierre-Louis, an "explosive" linebacker.

Seth Betancourt, another possible solid BC lineman.

Tahj Kimble, a running back who looks pretty tough to take down in the videos I'm watching.

I'm happy with some of what we've been able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment