Thursday, December 3, 2009

Week 14 in the ACC: Picks

Oh lookie, there's only one game!  This makes my job much easier, but I'll either be 100% correct or 0%.  I guess I'll just have to pick correctly.

ACC Championship Game
#25 Clemson vs. #12 Georgia Tech
Line: GT -1


These two teams met very early in the season (September 10th, to be exact), and Georgia Tech won the game 30-27.  The Yellow Jackets led in the game by a score of 24-0 but let Clemson score the next 27 points in a row; Georgia Tech then kicked a field goal to tie and then win at home.  Both teams played that game on a short week.

This time, both have had their full week of rest, both are coming off of rivalry-game losses, and plenty of time to dwell on their first meeting, as this ACCCG matchup has been virtually set in stone for the past month.  Who will represent the ACC in the Orange Bowl: will it be CJ Spiller and the Tigers or the Yellow Jackets and their triple-option offense?

The first thing I'll tell you is that it'll be a high-scoring game, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't.  The over-under is 55.5; I'd take the over.  Both of these teams can score points; the Yellow Jackets because of their aforementioned option offense, and Clemson because of Spiller.  It might be the kind of game where the last team to have the ball wins; in that case, I think Georgia Tech will have the ball last.  The Yellow Jackets will be off to the Orange Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment