Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In case you were wondering, and you probably weren't...

...BC basketball's RPI is now at 102, and strength of schedule is 72.  That's not as bad as I expected when I looked it up.  This is actually because Harvard, Rhode Island, and Northern Iowa's RPIs aren't that bad (41, 39, and 29, respectively).  This of course doesn't mean these teams are super awesome, because they're not; they just have high RPIs.  Harvard, for example, ended up with an RPI of 246 last season, and since I don't think it'll end up being as bad this year, that loss won't hammer BC's ranking as much.  The loss is still bad on the resume, but as long as the Eagles win their fair share of conference games, the RPI and SOS won't look so bad at the end of the day.

But if you haven't gotten a load of RealTime RPI, check it out.  In their season projections, they now forecast BC to lose their next 11 ACC games in a row, almost all by substantial margins.  Ken Pomeroy also thinks BC will pull off an 11-game losing streak in the conference.  Take this all for what it's worth, which is not much.  I just don't think that's very likely, but that's me.

I just felt like sharing because the happenings at BC are decidedly light these days, and I need to say something, right?

I'm thinking some more coverage of our winter sports and some year-in-review articles to come between now and Christmas, as well as an Emerald Bowl pick.  Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

  1. Undefeated Miami? Child's play. Michigan IN Michigan? Where's the challenge? Providence? No problem.

    Just don't give me Northern Iowa or Rhode Island. We can't handle those teams.

    *FACE PALM*

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC basketball sometimes has strange teams that are hard to figure out, but as for this one, I think this season is going to take a big turn one way or the other...I'm just not sure if it'll be a good turn or a bad one.

    ReplyDelete