Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 6 in the ACC: Picks

Boston College at #5 Virginia Tech (-13.5)


Wait 'til Friday...you can do that, can't you?






Georgia Southern at North Carolina (no line)


There's no point spread set for this game, and it's for good reason.  The Tar Heels got embarrassed at home last weekend in an ACC game, but this week their opponent is a clearly inferior FCS team.  Pick: North Carolina


Indiana at Virginia (-7)


The Hoosiers are coming off of back-to-back losses, while the 'Hoos just got their first win of the season.  I must admit, I was a little surprised to see Virginia favored by a touchdown in this one, because I do think Indiana has a relatively good shot.  UVA's defense is alright, but their offense is putrid.  Pick: Indiana


Duke at North Carolina State (-14.5)


The Wolfpack might not cover the spread, but they most likely will.  Duke is in the lower tier of the conference and is going to stay there.  Pick: NC State



Maryland at Wake Forest (-11)


Another big home favorite, and another win for the home team.  Maryland will no doubt be emboldened by their win over Clemson, but now it's time for them to hit the road.  Wake will get it done.  Pick: Wake Forest


Florida A&M at #11 Miami (no line)


Again, another game that has no line, for good reason. I'd be surprised if this game was within three touchdowns.  Finally, the Hurricanes get an easy game on their schedule.  Pick: Miami




#22 Georgia Tech at Florida State (-2.5)


I'm inclined to go with Florida State, responding to their loss at BC last week, but on the other hand, the program is in a bit of disarray and Georgia Tech could very well go into Tallahassee and put the Seminoles out of their misery.  This is a tough one.  I think FSU narrowly loses three in a row.  Pick: Georgia Tech

3 comments:

  1. I think FSU's fast enough to defend the option from GT, and I just don't see Nesbitt throwing for the win vs. FSU and Mickey Andrews. Andrews does very well against one-dimensional teams, which I consider GT to be (but a very good one at that, no doubt).

    FSU wins, and wins convincingly. The Jekyll and Hyde conversations replace the down with bowden conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was telling myself, and you're most likely right, but this FSU team seems to do the exact opposite of what most people expect them to do. I'm picking them to lose pretty much only because the conventional wisdom is that they'll win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think FSU matches up pretty well with GT.
    Although I think it will be a good game.. My oversized gut tells me its an FSU win.

    ReplyDelete