Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shakim Phillips verbally commits to BC

Hot damn, we got a good recruit!  Well, technically it's not official, as it's only a verbal commitment, yet this was a nice get for Spaz and crew, as landing a four-star recruit typically is.

I like what I'm reading about Phillips for the most part.  Whomever will be Boston College's quarterback of the future (but hell, we don't even know who the quarterback of the weekend is) is going to need some quality wide receivers, and they've got one now.  I can imagine him making an impact as soon as he puts on the uniform.  There's not much else I can add, not having seen him play and basing my evaluation off of scouting reports and YouTube videos, and admittedly I hadn't even heard of the guy until recently, but if people say he's good, and eleventy jillion programs were going after him, then he must be the real deal.  Welcome to the Heights.

2 comments:

  1. Between Larmond, Lee, Coleman, Momah (likely redshirting), and Phillips coming in, this is easily the deepest and most talented WR's I think BC's had in a while.

    Going to be tough to replace Richie Gunns, but I think Larmond will grow into the role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...whomever will be the QB down the road is going to have some talented targets. Though we've not really seen much of some of these guys, it gives me confidence about the future of BC football.

    ReplyDelete