Monday, May 25, 2009

More tournament thoughts and schedule

I want to say that this is a huge day for the Boston College baseball program. These guys have accomplished something today that no BC team has done since Lyndon Johnson was sending guys to 'Nam. It's an incredible moment and they are to be congratulated for making it this far. I had no way of really knowing for sure if their record and resume was enough, but those wins I listed in a previous post as well as a good record and the outstanding conference in which the Eagles play all worked to our favor.

So now the Eagles will face Texas State in the Austin Region (hosted by Texas). The game between BC and TS will be played on Friday, May 29 at 2pm Eastern. As of now there is no sign that this game will be televised but I will post if I learn something.

More on the tournament format to come in the days ahead, but we will be seeing the Eagles play a few times at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment