Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MLB Notes

* This just in: Carl Pavano is still awful, but at least he's pitching for the Indians (which probably isn't a good thing considering how bad the staff is overall right now).

* The Brew Crew are off to a really rough start. It's hard to lose as much pitching as they did and not take some punches from the league.

* Baltimore, Kansas City and Seattle better enjoy first place while it lasts.

* The Marlins are surprisingly good. I'm not sure why I was as low on them in my pre-season predictions as I was.

* I could see the Cubs and the Cards fighting it out all the way to September in the NL Central. They're the division's two best teams.

* The Red Sox offense looks terrible outside of two guys right now (Youkilis and Bay). 6 of their starters are hitting .240 or under with David Ortiz well under the Mendoza line and homerless in his first 8 games. In fact, he doesn't even have an extra-base hit.

* Should I take a stab at power rankings at some point? Probably; stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment